Last Activity:09-28-2016 4:45 PM
40 Likes on 30 Posts
Posted in thread: Pellicle Photo Collection on 09-27-2016 at 04:47 PM
It's my first big batch of sour, I've done a couple 1 gallon batches and some brett saisons. I
think this is what being a parent must be like, I'm just so proud of the little guy.
Posted in thread: Pellicle Photo Collection on 09-26-2016 at 11:14 AM
From my one year old sour dubbel. I tasted a small sample and wow is it tart. It's roeselare
blend and several dregs including multiple jolly pumpkin, a couple love child's, and a few
others I just ca...
Posted in thread: No Brewer's yeast in Syria What to do? on 09-24-2016 at 01:52 AM
I thought I remembered watching a show with Sam Calagione from dogfish head where him and his
team collected wild yeast from a date farm by leaving petri dishes out overnight. I imagine you
could do s...
Posted in thread: Fermenting Saison at Cool Temperatures on 09-23-2016 at 08:56 PM
While tweaking my saison recipe I've fermented at a range of temps. You can ferment 3711 in the
60s but it is much cleaner than the 70s. Personally I prefer the higher temp, as it gets much
Posted in thread: Reuse sour yeast cakes on 09-12-2016 at 11:45 AM
I asked a similar question over in the wild brewing section, the answer is you can keep for
quite a long time some even said years. Would definitely need new sacc after years I'd say but
these are hea...
Posted in thread: More fermentation temperature reproach on 09-12-2016 at 01:46 AM
Sure ok...you ask I'll answer, thats an honest post. I appreciate your genuineness and am sorry
if my responses come off as not nice, im tired and quite frankly tired of this ridiculous beat
Posted in thread: Secondary in a 6 gal? on 09-06-2016 at 11:48 PM
Does the secondary fermentation not increase clarity? Do you need to do secondary to dry hop or
can you do that in primary?I've only dry hopped in primary.
Posted in thread: Not sure if I should repitch or wait? Did I murder my yeast? on 09-06-2016 at 07:54 PM
I think I'm going to wait until I get home from work tomorrow then pitch the 04 if there's
still nothing.Any signs of life?
Posted in thread: Not sure if I should repitch or wait? Did I murder my yeast? on 09-05-2016 at 05:46 PM
36 hours in and still nothin' [emoji43]I think you're still safe. I've had it take up to 72
hours or so before. But $4 is pretty cheap insurance.
Posted in thread: Not sure if I should repitch or wait? Did I murder my yeast? on 09-05-2016 at 05:38 PM
Optimum pitching temp is 80 degrees plus or minus 6 degrees. I can't imagine 4 degrees making
that big of a difference, but who knows I guess.80 is the optimum rehydration temp.