Last Activity:09-14-2014 9:26 PM
Posted in thread: such a waste on 11-30-2013 at 05:28 PM
No worries there. There's nothing in it yet. Just filled with water to draw the ruler on it.
But later tonight it'll be filled with an Irish Stout!
Posted in thread: such a waste on 11-30-2013 at 03:35 PM
In case anyone was wondering, here is the graduation in litres of the Speidel 30L163276
Posted in thread: such a waste on 11-06-2013 at 02:06 AM
Just ordered one of these: Speidel Plastic FermenterI've read good things about these so I
figured I'll give it a try. Can't be worse than the loose lid fermentor I'm currently using.
Posted in thread: such a waste on 11-02-2013 at 09:59 PM
A protein drink would have been great. Unfortunately all I could smell was vinegar. And the
fruit fly eggs were a bit much. Time for some research and purchasing parts to make a
Posted in thread: such a waste on 11-02-2013 at 06:31 PM
I was using a loose lid plastic fermenter. Now I'll be rethinking the whole setup to prevent
this from happening again
Posted in thread: such a waste on 11-02-2013 at 06:22 PM
I saw some setups that use a glass carboy with tubing running into a bucket with sanitizer in
it. Either that or maybe upgrade to a 7 gallon conical fermenter.
Posted in thread: such a waste on 11-02-2013 at 05:50 PM
I had a nice IPA percolating in the primary fermentor for a few weeks. I went out of town for
work and came home to a swarm of fruit flies with eggs all over it. I cried a bit inside as the
Posted in thread: secondary fermemtation on 02-09-2013 at 09:08 PM
I'm using a hydrometer. The fermentation temperature has been steady between 18 and 19 C. The
yeast I used was whatever came with the beer kit.
Posted in thread: secondary fermemtation on 02-09-2013 at 02:13 AM
With the Mr. Beer kit, I just left the beer to ferment for around 4 weeks in the keg. I imagine
this could be treated the same way. I'll just monitor this brew with the ol' hydrometer and
transfer it ...
Posted in thread: secondary fermemtation on 02-09-2013 at 01:08 AM
So I should wait until the readings flatten out for a couple/three days?