VIEW MY

stillbrewin

Gift Premium Subscription To stillbrewin

Join Date:

01-28-2012

Last Activity:

01-06-2013 1:41 PM

Likes Given: 3

2 Likes on 2 Posts 

    ABOUT ME

  • Single
  • st paul
  • mn

LATEST ACTIVITY

  • Posted in thread: Starter from dregs on 12-09-2012 at 10:57 AM
    The brew went well! I am glad I decided to step up two 2 liters. It took about 36 hours for
    things to really get going. I got a really nice krausen by the third day.

  • Posted in thread: My cat wants to be a brew kitty on 11-15-2012 at 05:48 PM
    So, I have a dog and a cat. I always refer to the dog as my brewdog. She however, just likes
    being outside while I brew. Her favorite pastime is chasing squirrels, followed by playing in
    the mud puddl...

  • Posted in thread: What's the most effective thing for shortening a brew day? on 11-10-2012 at 10:11 PM
    It seems like you have a lot of time spent getting the wort from the mash tun to the BK, and a
    lot of time getting it from the BK to the fermenter. Are you doing a double batch sparge? Also
    are you tr...

  • Posted in thread: Do you love your truck too much? on 11-05-2012 at 11:28 PM
    Yeh I am gonna fix my truck.Just needed to bitch about spending the money lol.Its a 1996 dodge
    with the 5.9. extended cab with a 8 foot bed. Never understood the 6 foot bed thing. What fits
    in those w...

  • Posted in thread: Do you love your truck too much? on 11-02-2012 at 10:16 PM
    New breaks, it happens. New break lines all the way around on last break job, 17 years of
    Minnesota salt and snow it's bound to happen. New radio after factory deck goes down, again 17
    years can't say...

  • Posted in thread: Adverage temp loss when doighing in on 10-30-2012 at 07:50 AM
    I find that I have a pretty rapid heat loss in the 1st 10 minutes. My grains are cold and I
    don't preheat. When I first started AG I would take my temp and adjust with hot or cold water
    right after do...

  • Posted in thread: Gravity of Sweet Potato? on 10-25-2012 at 10:08 PM
    5x22% would mean the same as may be one pound of 100% fermentable, aka, SUGAR, not grain. Lots
    of non-fermentables in grain.MCHmm I may have been a bit hasty in my reply. 5 lbs should be
    about 96 gram...

  • Posted in thread: Gravity of Sweet Potato? on 10-25-2012 at 01:47 PM
    The sugar content in sweet potatoes is 4.2 grams for every 3.5 ounces of sweet potatoes. Sweet
    potatoes average about 22% starch and 5-6% sugar for a total of 27-28% fermentable material. So
    basically...

  • Posted in thread: Too close of a call for my liking. on 10-23-2012 at 01:34 PM
    I would reccomend a stainless burner to anyone who would listen. I have two of the Blichmans
    myself and they are great. If i was looking for something cheaper I would consider these
    https://brewmagic....

  • Posted in thread: Keggle conversion on 10-23-2012 at 12:55 PM
    I am curious as to how people manage to get sprayed with stale beer? I have cut the tops off of
    4 kegs while pressurized with no problems. Doesnt the beer have to come up the stem to shoot
    out? Every ...

0 COMMENTS
POST A COMMENT