Last Activity:08-17-2012 1:51 PM
Posted in thread: Yeast starter w/o DME on 03-24-2011 at 08:38 PM
I mean your only making beer in your starter for all intent and purpose. It may be un hopped
beer. But the volume of said starter shouldnt effect the over all flavor in a noticable manor.
Posted in thread: Yeast starter w/o DME on 03-24-2011 at 08:31 PM
I just pitch my starters stright in at high krausen. I have never had any bad effects from it.
Posted in thread: Help me: Higher OG for this NW Red! on 02-19-2011 at 03:57 AM
Yea I would flip the EKG and the Perle. And add some more DME to get it a higher og. If you are
doing it as a mini mash you could add a lb of flaked barley or a lb of oats wich would help
with body an...
Posted in thread: Hello from Charlotte, NC on 12-28-2010 at 06:07 PM
Welcome! Awsome to see more NC brewers.
Posted in thread: New brewer from Wake Forest, NC on 12-28-2010 at 06:03 PM
Welcome to HBT. Might I add welcome fellow NC brewer. There seems to be alot of new NC brewers
Posted in thread: Hello! - Newbie from Raleigh on 12-28-2010 at 06:01 PM
Welcome from G town.
Posted in thread: newbie from NC... on 12-28-2010 at 05:36 PM
I use a secondary sometimes as well, it depends on the beer I am makeing and weathor or not I
am trying to bulk age the beer.
Posted in thread: Safe to Bottle/Possible Stuck Fermentation? on 12-28-2010 at 05:26 PM
Yes the higher your og goes the higher your fg goes.
Posted in thread: newbie from NC... on 12-28-2010 at 05:17 PM
Good to see some more new folks from NC.
Posted in thread: newbie from NC... on 12-28-2010 at 05:16 PM
REDD'S RUFFHAUS BREWERY EST 2009
Homebrew is similar to farts, everyone prefers their own.
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.
- What are you drinking now?
- Can someone smoking in the same room of fermentation cause problems or stop fermentat
- Gee. So sometimes people *do* get krausen blowout in their airlocks.
- Hop Id tags gone!
- 2013's How many gal of homebrew in 2013
- Making Traditional rice Wine. Cheap, Fun, and Different
- 80 Quart Stainless Kettle with Lid for $55 plus shipping
- chest freezer/fermentation chamber high temp variance
- Blichmann Kettle Heating Element Position
- setting gaps
- Pumpkin Saison Grain Bill Help