Last Activity:11-20-2010 11:19 AM
1 Likes on 1 Posts
Posted in thread: What went wrong with my Porter! on 10-20-2010 at 05:05 PM
just a quick update. I found another thread with fellow brewers describing similar symptoms.
Link for anyone interested. quick summary from this thread is that it could be wild yeast or
a bacterial ...
Posted in thread: What went wrong with my Porter! on 10-18-2010 at 11:47 PM
I haven't tasted since this development. At my last gravity reading it tasted normal. The best
description I can give is a whitish surface layer. It kind of accumulates around the edges, but
Posted in thread: What went wrong with my Porter! on 10-18-2010 at 11:17 PM
I made a Porter a couple of weeks ago following my normal processes and sanitation methods.
After about a week in the secondary fermenter, a scary surface layer is developing and I am
worried I am los...
Posted in thread: Dale's Pale Ale on 06-14-2005 at 08:57 PM
The Dales Pale is real good. The same company also makes a Scottish style beer called Old Chub
and of course it only comes in cans as well.
Posted in thread: re-using yeast on 04-26-2005 at 08:09 PM
I saved a bunch of the yeast slurry in four jelly jars (the small mason jars your grandma used
to make preserves in) and I was wondering how long this slurry should last?? I have kept it in
Posted in thread: You do what with the buckwheat? on 04-06-2005 at 02:15 PM
Hey Silly Yak, is the best site I've seen for actual GF brewing. In most of their recipes they
use sorghum as the main fermentable, and buckwheat is also used, but not in large quantities. I
- First Original IPA
- New Keezer - Expanded Metal - Taplister
- Do I need to condition my yeast to pitch?
- What's the worst craft brew (commercial) you've had?
- Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)
- Lots of dispersed break material despite whirlpool efforts
- Overpowering clove taste in commercial wine
- Making Traditional rice Wine. Cheap, Fun, and Different
- NEW KEG SALE! HBT *ONLY* Promo Code! - Kegconnection.com
- Local Swap-o-Rama #2, Bomber style!!!