Last Activity:05-04-2013 9:10 AM
Posted in thread: Carboy Cleaning Brush on 07-12-2009 at 03:35 PM
Thanks for the comment. It tends to center itself when running. The PVC shaft did hit the sides
of the opening a few times. No scratches. I don't think the PVC is hard enough to scratch the
Posted in thread: Carboy Cleaning Brush on 07-11-2009 at 08:09 PM
Sick of cleaning carboys and kegs? Who isn't right? Soaking for days is a PIA and doesn't
always work. Here's a carboy/keg brush you can build yourself for about $8. This is prototype
III and I think ...
Posted in thread: Peltier Lagering on 01-31-2009 at 12:19 PM
The problem here is simply the lack of insulation.Lets do some basic calculations:If we
approximate a 5G carboy by a cylinder 46 cm high and 27 cm in diameter then the surface area is
about .5 m^2 . A...
Posted in thread: Yeast starter/stir plate theory confusion on 02-03-2008 at 01:37 PM
I think of gas diffusion similar to adding dye to a jar of water. The brownian motion of the
solution causes mixing to occur and is fairly independent of gravity if the molecular mass of
the two gasse...
- Does a regulator regulate back-pressure too?
- Mashing cornstarch and 6-Row
- Oxyclean/alternatives question
- Propane burner: DIY or purchase?
- cold crashing question
- Advice on a bet
- cleaning and coating a driking horn
- Mead experiment possibly jacked up....
- Cleaner question
- Batches Are Like Night and Day! No Twang!
- My son made his first extract beer yesterday.