Last Activity:04-04-2008 2:06 PM
Posted in thread: Think my beer stopped fermenting on 02-07-2008 at 11:04 PM
I had the same problem with my first batch. Swirl the fermenter around a few times to get the
yeast back in suspension. I did this every day for about 3 days and then just let it sit for
another week ...
Posted in thread: Your first Brew on 02-07-2008 at 04:13 AM
"Williamston Wheat" Wheat beer. Been conditioning for almost a week. Looking forward to popping
one open in about a week or so.
Posted in thread: Airlock stopped after 5.5 days on 01-28-2008 at 07:47 PM
Ok just checked it again today. Gravity is still at 1.020 (target for this extract wheat beer
kit is 1.009-1.014). This is 9 days after brewing. I did notice that when I opened it today
there were a l...
Posted in thread: Airlock stopped after 5.5 days on 01-26-2008 at 04:08 AM
Your yeast is working fine, or it wouldn't have bubbled for 5 days. Be patient and leave it
alone. Home brewing is all about patience, and the longer you wait, the better it will be. Do
what Orph said...
Posted in thread: Airlock stopped after 5.5 days on 01-26-2008 at 02:52 AM
If I was you I'd wait 3 days and take a reading again.If I was me I'd wait 16 days and take a
reading to qualify my judgement.So if it still hasn't changed, I should re-pitch then?
Posted in thread: Airlock stopped after 5.5 days on 01-25-2008 at 07:33 PM
Hey guys. I've been a little concerned over my first brew lately. At first the airlock was
going pretty well at about 1 bubble every 3-5 seconds or so, slowed down to one every 30
seconds after about ...
Posted in thread: First time troubles on 01-24-2008 at 08:28 PM
Thanks for the responses and it's nice to know I'm not the first one to do this. I thought
about the hanger but I didn't think it would be strong enough but I like the allen wrench idea
and will give ...
Posted in thread: Temperature Woes on 01-24-2008 at 03:21 AM
Thanks alot for the help Scimmia and WhyTee. Greatly Appreciated! Im going to invest in a tub
that I can keep in my closet instead of the bathroom!Thanks again! Hopefully one day of 79F
wont ruin my b...
Posted in thread: Help me decide on what to brew next! on 01-23-2008 at 04:26 PM
I think I'm going to do the centennial blonde that was posted earlier. If I can't do a
secondary fermentation, can I just leave it in the primary for the remaining 4 days?
Posted in thread: Help me decide on what to brew next! on 01-23-2008 at 05:26 AM
Ok. Quick question. My homebrew store says I can do a lager recipe even though I don't have the
equipment to cold ferment. He says I just substitute dry yeast like "superior" and it'll turn
out ok. An...