- Posts 6
Last Activity:05-14-2013 4:23 PM
2 Likes on 2 Posts
Posted in thread: What are you drinking now? on 12-01-2012 at 11:27 PM
Well happen to be lucky today... Drinking fou' foune and zwanze @ crooked stave - also drinkin
nightmare on Brett aged in cognac as well another aged in brandy... :)
Posted in thread: Boil time and late extract additions on 11-29-2012 at 10:26 AM
just make sure to account for the temperature drop with the late addition next time... try it
at 15 minutes & with a planned increase in temp... there is still isomerization that occurs
under boiling ...
Posted in thread: spliting a batch on 11-29-2012 at 10:17 AM
kegging is the way to go IMO... Correct - no priming sugar in kegproceed as normal wait for
Final Gravity to stabilize and give an additional 3 to 5 days rest... then rack (siphon over)
your 2.5 gallo...
Posted in thread: Hops in fermenter on 11-26-2012 at 08:01 AM
your fine... straining would have helped aerate and remove some gunk from your beer, but no
harm done. You can leave that hop waste and other trub material behind when you transfer to a
Posted in thread: ferment temp issues on 11-26-2012 at 07:56 AM
some yeasts vary in their optimum fermentation temps, but don't worry about it 64 will be
perfect... i like to ferment in the lower 60s its up into the 70s that you will get esters and
- Mead experiment possibly jacked up....
- Cleaner question
- Batches Are Like Night and Day! No Twang!
- cleaning and coating a driking horn
- My son made his first extract beer yesterday.
- Question about transfering mead
- Sharing Brew
- Heady Topper- Can you clone it?
- Did i ruin the wort by oxidizing??
- Building an all electric system in Beijing
- Should I just sit on this stout for a while?