Last Activity:02-03-2011 8:51 AM
Posted in thread: Preventing Diacetyl -or- "Hold The Butter Please" on 08-14-2009 at 02:41 PM
I honestly think that "hints of slight diacetyl" is the go to flaw that wanna be judges lean on
to show they know something.Bullsh!t.I had two competitions 4 weeks apart...submitted the same
Posted in thread: Dry Yeast Profiles/Descriptions on 08-14-2009 at 01:02 PM
Unfortunately windsor is not the dry equivalant of fullers in fact they differ quite a lot,
windsor is more fruity and is rubbish at flocculating, fullers yeast is an incredible
flocculater and produc...
Posted in thread: Help me to understand chloride - sulfate ratio on 05-27-2009 at 03:17 PM
Well, when I add gypsum I will increase Ca level as well as sulfates... can that be an
issue?Calcium is required in the mash to lower the pH, like the chemist says it is also
involved in yeast metabol...
Posted in thread: Stop Putting Airlocks on Your Starters! on 02-20-2009 at 09:02 PM
Just like to add that i've been using the tin foil method since i started but then again i work
with bugs etc and i understood the purpose of a starter and gas exchange and the effectiveness
of a simp...
- Things a Homebrewer Thinks
- Bee Cave Brewery Robust Porter
- Thinking about a bike
- So who's brewing this weekend?
- Advice Needed: Bottle Bombs
- Christmas Ale - Special B %
- Fat Basset Bochet Cyser - Cider with "Burnt" Honey
- Growing Yeast from a bottle
- Could my fermentation be almost complete after 24 hours?
- Fermentation temperature profile
- My Yeast Starter Will Not Start