VIEW MY

JKaranka

Gift Premium Subscription To JKaranka

Join Date:

10-20-2012

Last Activity:

01-21-2017 3:31 PM

Likes Given: 56

255 Likes on 232 Posts 

    ABOUT ME

  • Male
  • Single
  • Cardiff
  • Wales

LATEST ACTIVITY

  • Posted in thread: English Ales - What's your favorite recipe? on 01-21-2017 at 03:31 PM
    Brown is mainly for porters and stouts in my book but you could replace 1/2lb of amber by 1/4lb
    of brown. Roughly. Lots of people don't like it in pale ales such as bitters.

  • Posted in thread: Review of Mangrove Jack's M47 Abbey Ale Dry Yeast on 01-21-2017 at 12:43 PM
    Yeah, for a Belgian pale I'd expect less phenols and yeasty notes than for other Belgian
    styles, though. Palm Speciale has a bit more yeast character than a British ale, but it's
    nowhere near the char...

  • Posted in thread: Palm Speciale Recipe Help on 01-21-2017 at 11:27 AM
    MFB is supposed to be similar to some of the old fashioned amber malts. Any success trying to
    replicate it? I always find it to be like a Belgian take on a special bitter. You can get that
    whiff of EK...

  • Posted in thread: Review of Mangrove Jack's M47 Abbey Ale Dry Yeast on 01-21-2017 at 11:21 AM
    Just saw this thread. Do you think this would be a good yeast for a Belgian pale ale in the
    Palm Speciale line? Thinking around 95% Belgian pale ale malt, the other 5% probably amber
    malt. Moderate bi...

  • Posted in thread: IPA Recipe Repeat with Changes - Opinions Please on 01-21-2017 at 10:20 AM
    Went and picked up everything today. no GNO. So will stick to the plan without GNO. Hops and
    all else the same. Will use my Conan from heady cans. Also, making my water adjustments for the
    first time....

  • Posted in thread: English Ales - What's your favorite recipe? on 01-21-2017 at 09:05 AM
    Does this look better? The only fixed amount is the 70 oz of pale malt, because that's how much
    I have. (I could supplement it with some pils malt if I have to, but I'd rather not do
    that)FERMENTABLES...

  • Posted in thread: English Ales - What's your favorite recipe? on 01-20-2017 at 10:37 PM
    I'm going to brew an ESB this weekend to use up the last of a bag of pale ale malt, and hop
    with Fuggle and Willamette. Which should I use for bittering and which for aroma? I know
    they're closely rel...

  • Posted in thread: english ipa critiques on 01-19-2017 at 11:05 PM
    There are a couple of British IPAs that use British Munich malt (seriously, that has been a
    thing for over a hundred years). I wouldn't use more than 1/2lb of crystal malt. Make sure to
    keep sulphate ...

  • Posted in thread: ESB Water Profile on 01-19-2017 at 10:53 PM
    High sulphate is good

  • Posted in thread: Thoughts on DIPA (Huell Melon, Mandarin Bavaria + ?) on 01-17-2017 at 07:20 PM
    I dry hopped mine with 140g dry hops (70g Mandarina and 70g Melon). No hop aroma. Almost
    nothing. I'm very disappointed with these hops, I had the same disappointment with Polaris hops
    last year.I'll ...

0 COMMENTS
POST A COMMENT