Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > WOW. A new Category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #21
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by newell456 View Post
Could you post that recipe?
I'm going off of memory here, so forgive me, but basically, here it is...

Take a ginger root (about4 inches long), slice it thin or grate it into a pot. Add enough water to make 1.75L and boil for about 30 minutes (more or less, depending on how thickly you sliced the ginger and how long it takes to extract the flavor). Add lemon juice to taste- I think we use about an eighth of a cup. Add about 1.5 cups sugar (to taste) and some brown sugar (maybe a quarter cup) to add some color.

Cool the mixture and strain it. I use 1.75L liquor bottles to store this concentrated mixture.

You can cut it 1/3 mix with 2/3rds hot water and serve as a delicious ginger tea. You can also add it to seltzer to make soda. It's also supposed to aid in digestion, so sometimes I just have a straight shot of the stuff. It's pretty good on its own.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #22
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Here's another recipe...

1.25 ounces of fruit flavored tea (such as strawberry tea, orange tea, etc). My favorite is a passionberry tea which is bright red and ridiculously fruity... almost like kool aid.

Add the tea to 2 quarts near-boiling water. Let it sit on the counter until it cools to nearly room temp. Add one cup of sugar.

This makes an incredible iced tea... but once my kegerator is up and running, I will probably be carbonating it into a low-sugar soda.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply