*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > What section of WalMart has extracts?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
rocketsan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 37 Posts

Default What section of WalMart has extracts?

What section of WalMart has soda extracts? Going to the U.S. on a very time sensitive trip so need to get in and out. I know our Canadian stores don't stock any for sure.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
Yellowirenut
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Only soda "extract" they have that I know of is for soda stream. If they had any it would be in the house wear department (pots, pans, etc) near the Mr. Beer packages.

Try a Meijer also. I am certain they have soda extacts, at least in my local one.
Its like a walmart but with a bit better quality products and more prevalent than walmart in Michigan.

Yellow Room brewery ~ why? Because the walls are yellow.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
rocketsan
Recipes 

Knicked over the border and was able to find anise, orange, peppermint and rootbeer extracts in the baking section. Going to head back in a few weeks and re-stock on some other flavours I passed on (almond and coconut).

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!

Old 09-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
MrFoodScientist
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowirenut View Post
Only soda "extract" they have that I know of is for soda stream. If they had any it would be in the house wear department (pots, pans, etc) near the Mr. Beer packages.

Try a Meijer also. I am certain they have soda extacts, at least in my local one.
Its like a walmart but with a bit better quality products and more prevalent than walmart in Michigan.
Your Walmart has Mr. Beer packages? That's pretty neat. Never seen them at Walmart before.

Rocketsan, What part of the US are you visiting? Most of the Walmarts that I've seen here will have a wide selection of the Watkins brand and very good prices. Is that what you picked up? Most that I've tried are decent flavorings, but I don't like the cherry flavor. I have seen almond (good), vanilla (ok), coconut (very good), banana (good when fresh), cherry (tastes like nyquil), chocolate (good, but tastes like tootsie rolls), orange (haven't tried), root beer (haven't tried), peanut butter (haven't tried), butter (good), maple (good), anise (haven't tried), mint (good), peppermint (haven't tried), raspberry (good), strawberry (haven't tried), caramel (haven't tried), and maybe a couple others that I can't think of at the moment.

If you stop by a kroger store (Kroger, Dillon's, Fred Meyer, Ralph's, Frye's, King Soopers, Smith's, etc.), I know I've seen some different extracts under their store brand there in the baking section that I've not seen other places. Though the only one I can think of of the top of my head is brandy flavor.

Find Recipes on my blog: The Homemade Soda Expert I'd love some feedback!
Now Available from Quarry Books -- Making Soda at Home: Mastering the Craft of Carbonation
Like on Facebook!, Follow on Twitter, Add to Goodreads

Old 10-01-2013, 01:58 AM   #5
rocketsan
Recipes 

Western New York - Niagara Falls. Grabbed a whack of extracts to try. Only homebrew shops stock them up here....

Old 10-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
Taz420NJ
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Pretty much all grocery stores down here - even little ones and mom/pops carry SOME assortment of extracts in the baking aisle.

Quick Reply