Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Storing fermented ginger ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
tribro
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Storing fermented ginger ale

I have been making ginger ale for a while now from a bug. The last batch I made, when I tested it before putting it in the fridge exploded in the sink and was quite carbonated. After a few days in the fridge all the rest of the bottles went flat. Am I not supposed to store it in the fridge? If I leave it in the pantry will it eventually explode? Please let me know any advice.....it really stinks to have to toss a product I spent at least 10 days brewing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #2
Taquina
Recipes 

Yes, you have to refrigerate it to stop the fermentation. I use a bug too and usually let it bottle ferment for around 10 days before I chill a bottle and test it. Once its to my liking I chill the rest of the bottles. They have never gone flat on me after refrigeration though. It may be that you didnt mix the bug around well enough before bottling. So some got more yeast than others.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
tribro
Recipes 

Thanks!!

Quick Reply