Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > splenda/sucralose carbs easier ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
amandabab
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 237 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 446

Default splenda/sucralose carbs easier ?

I've been kegging diet soda, rainbow extract and spenda no sugar and getting results 180 degrees different than everything I've read.

high serving pressure and long lines seems to be the norm for soda for a commercial quality pour. I'm finding that that lower pressure and shorter lines is giving me what I want. Its bloody strange.

charge the keg at 40psi and let sit for a few days (off the gas because i didnt have space. then with a week of it hooked up to the system at 12psi its pouring perfect with a 5 foot line. standard soda head that disappears fast, co2 in the soda, bubbles sticking to the glass. its acting almost like just carbing water and its the 3rd keg to act like this.

is it the sucralose that makes it so easy to dissove co2? Its almost easier to carb this stuff than strait soda water.

confused

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 02:20 AM   #2
MrFoodScientist
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You're putting in less solutes than you would using sugar, hence the ease of carbonating. I'd be surprised if it carbed faster than plain water, that wouldn't make much sense.

Find Recipes on my blog: The Homemade Soda Expert I'd love some feedback!
Now Available from Quarry Books -- Making Soda at Home: Mastering the Craft of Carbonation
Like on Facebook!, Follow on Twitter, Add to Goodreads

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply