Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Sparkling fruit juice

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
spazzy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

My niece gets these as her "soda", I shared one with her and it was pretty good

http://www.juicyjuice.com/products/S...uit-Juice.aspx

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #12
Cruzn4aBrewzn
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzy
My niece gets these as her "soda", I shared one with her and it was pretty good

http://www.juicyjuice.com/products/S...uit-Juice.aspx
Ya, that's basically what I make in the keg. Also an update. It's been at least a month if not longer and the keg is about to kick with no off favors or spoilage that I can tell and it still tastes amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1k3

So, you use a check valve on each line? I get it. I'm just building my keezer right now. Perfect timing!
Yes check valves would be a good thing to have so as not to have any "sharing" of gas. I don't have them installed in my system yet so I just disconnect the juice untill it's time for the kids to have some "soda"

Old 04-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #13
Bobak
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Hi, I've always been a non-registering lurker, but I finally had to log-in and say thank you because the advice in this thread (and many others) has been helpful. I've been recently experimenting in carbonated juice and flavored water (which is basically juice in a very low concentration).

So what if a person wants to go the preservative route, for whatever reason, are there any people here have used? To try different flavored waters I've been aiming to make clear beverages so that means using low amounts of fruit flavor alongside a very mild simple syrup concoction --I'm worried I've created a petri dish in my corny keg, especially if I bottle it. Is there any additive people have tried?

Last edited by Bobak; 04-08-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
Cruzn4aBrewzn
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobak
Hi, I've always been a non-registering lurker, but I finally had to log-in and say thank you because the advice in this thread (and many others) has been helpful. I've been recently experimenting in carbonated juice and flavored water (which is basically juice in a very low concentration).

So what if a person wants to go the preservative route, for whatever reason, are there any people here have used? To try different flavored waters I've been aiming to make clear beverages so that means using low amounts of fruit flavor alongside a very mild simple syrup concoction --I'm worried I've created a petri dish in my corny keg, especially if I bottle it. Is there any additive people have tried?
Hey sorry I've been away from the inter-webs for a while but I've been successfully making "bubbly juice" and soda water for quite a while now and always have a keg of each going and have never had any hint of spoilage problems without adding anything as far as a preservative other than a few squeezes of lime juice.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:54 AM   #15
polland1983
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default not going great help needed

hi 2day i have started my 1st trail brew b4 i use my real kit but am having alot of problems i am brewing a cheep alki pop using 3 oranges 1, 5ltr bottle of still water 1/2 lb of sugar beer yeast yeast nutraints and will b adding orange concintrate wen and if it flements

1st problem or mistake i made was just putting in nutraints but added yeast 10mins ltr wen realized it didnt have yeast in

then the amount of yeast i added was a sachet for 22.5 ltrs wen the batch is only 5ltrs

now 2 the stupid part wer i think i have messed it all up completly. i noticed the sugar was all stuck at bottom so i tightned cap turned upside down and shoock 2 get it 2 fall 2 top it worked and only small amount went back 2 bottom but now no yeast sedaments r floating at top will this still flement ? should i do anythingels i do not want to add anymore yeast as it already has way more than it should have.

any advice will b greatfuly welcomed as this is my 1st time brewing anything

(hope i have posted this in right place)

Old 09-14-2012, 03:22 AM   #16
Bobak
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn4aBrewzn View Post
Hey sorry I've been away from the inter-webs for a while but I've been successfully making "bubbly juice" and soda water for quite a while now and always have a keg of each going and have never had any hint of spoilage problems without adding anything as far as a preservative other than a few squeezes of lime juice.
And here I finally log back in--just wanted to say thanks. I ended up trying a bit of citric acid (which is basically the same thing) and it worked great. I've been doing some shelf-life bottle tests and the citric acid bottles are still looking clear.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #17
Cruzn4aBrewzn
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
And here I finally log back in--just wanted to say thanks. I ended up trying a bit of citric acid (which is basically the same thing) and it worked great. I've been doing some shelf-life bottle tests and the citric acid bottles are still looking clear.
Nice! glad to hear it's work'n out for ya.

I just made up 5gal of green tea with a touch of honey and kegged that up.

Quick Reply