The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Soda's negative stigma

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2013, 04:28 AM   #11
whattheschmidt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

"Overall, Americans consume too much added sugars from all sources. Estimates reveal added sugars represent 16 percent of calories (that’s an average of 300 to 400 calories) or 21 teaspoons of added sugars per day. These calories offer no nutritional value. "

Empty calories that pump up your insulin response and promote fat storage.

As said earlier treat it as a replacement for dessert not water...it is after all liquid candy.

I never buy soda myself but have some sometimes when at my dads house since he still drinks it, he has cut back a decent amount at least.

edit: and if anyone wants to kill time with a sugar documentary, this is pretty interesting:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #12
jdemshki
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy2000
My opinion? If you're going to make cornbread, make cornbread. And if you're going to make cake, make cake.... To me sugar is an integral part of soda pop, and I have no problem with that. The problem is with people guzzling it instead of water.... There used to be a cooking column in the Riverside Enterprise where people sent in their favorite recipes, and the columnist would create 'healthy' versions of them. I kept track of the column for the original recipes, not the healthified ones... Who the bleep wants to eat a 'healthy' version of a treat they only make once in a blue moon?
That's great but I really only drink diet soda and I don't use it as a treat. I drink a lot of it and that isn't going to stop anytime soon. I don't really believe in a lot of the side effects but a lot of people do. So just as a project I want to make a "cornbread" that is awesome and people can't complain about

Old 11-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #13
troy2000
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 341 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemshki View Post
That's great but I really only drink diet soda and I don't use it as a treat. I drink a lot of it and that isn't going to stop anytime soon. I don't really believe in a lot of the side effects but a lot of people do. So just as a project I want to make a "cornbread" that is awesome and people can't complain about
May I suggest you google diet sodas? You might be surprised. Overall, it's probably healthier to drink the regular stuff instead.

Quick Reply