Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > soda sanitization

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
zzeee
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default soda sanitization

hello,

i'm a noob. i've done a lot of reading but have yet to make my first soda. i am attempting to make my own energy drinks. i've been guinea pigging active ingedients for a few years. i've been buying equipment and am getting close to making my first batches.

i am not brewing. i plan on mixing the flavor ingredients heating them up, cooling them down, adding the active ingredients, bottling, then direct pressurizing with co2 and/or no2. (i'm going to make a separate thread on my want to nitrogenate soda)

i would add all the ingredients at once and then bring them to a safe temp but i am worried about degrading the active ingredients. i've already purchased starsan am a little concerned about the fact that it leaves foam. whats in the foam? will it leave any flavors?

also, i'm wondering if anyone has some good links or thoughts on how to do this with the least exposure to air. some type of enclosed system or something as i'm going preservative free...

thanks. i'll post results as they come

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
Inner10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeee View Post
hello,

i'm a noob. i've done a lot of reading but have yet to make my first soda. i am attempting to make my own energy drinks. i've been guinea pigging active ingedients for a few years. i've been buying equipment and am getting close to making my first batches.

i am not brewing. i plan on mixing the flavor ingredients heating them up, cooling them down, adding the active ingredients, bottling, then direct pressurizing with co2 and/or no2. (i'm going to make a separate thread on my want to nitrogenate soda)

i would add all the ingredients at once and then bring them to a safe temp but i am worried about degrading the active ingredients. i've already purchased starsan am a little concerned about the fact that it leaves foam. whats in the foam? will it leave any flavors?

also, i'm wondering if anyone has some good links or thoughts on how to do this with the least exposure to air. some type of enclosed system or something as i'm going preservative free...

thanks. i'll post results as they come
Don't fear the foam, it doesn't hurt anything it's just there so the sanitizer maintains contact for the required amount of time.

Drank too much?...Is that a thing?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply