Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > SCOBY dooby doo!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
Atalanta
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default SCOBY dooby doo!

I was in a goofy mood when I posted this.

N-E-Way... I just sent away for a sample of Ginger Beer Plant from someone else's culture. In case there's not much in the way of "care and feeding", I thought I'd come here since it is fermenting and some of you here have worked with GBP.

I don't know what size culture I'll be receiving, thinking a very small sample (that can be sent with a SASE). The recipes I see on yemoos.com seem like they would overwhelm the little beastie. Any ideas on ratios? What "climate" do they like? Do they prefer it warm or colder like a lager?

Have you made other things with GBP than ginger beer (I'm hoping for some good Dark n Stormys from this)?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply