Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Sanbitter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2013, 02:21 AM   #1
Enda
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Sanbitter

I was wondering if anyone out there has a recipe for Sanbitter? It is an Italian bitter soda, that I cant get in my region and would like to use for non-alcoholic cocktails. Also following on from this could someone point me in the direction of studies done on the solubility of flavour and aroma compounds of different herbs and spices in alcohol and water depending on the ph, temp etc. Thanks guys.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
MrFoodScientist
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If I remember right, sanbitter is Sanpellegrino's take on the flavor that goes by the generic name of "ginger" in Italy. It's been about 10 years since I lived there, but I think that's about right. If sanbitter gives you the faint reminiscence of vomit flavor, then it's a dead match for "ginger". Which I don't know if it has actual ginger in it or not. That probably doesn't help you, but it will at least give you some more search terms to try.

Edit:
My mistake, just browsed through the Italian wikipedia and it turns out I'm horribly wrong. It's possible that I just associated them because they're the same color.

Find Recipes on my blog: The Homemade Soda Expert I'd love some feedback!
Now Available from Quarry Books -- Making Soda at Home: Mastering the Craft of Carbonation
Like on Facebook!, Follow on Twitter, Add to Goodreads

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS