Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Rio soda syrups

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #11
MrFoodScientist
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Yes, that sounds right. I usually use about a lb of sugar/gal of finished soda. That's the ratio for how much sugar is in kool-aid, so it's not unheard of.

Find Recipes on my blog: The Homemade Soda Expert I'd love some feedback!
Now Available from Quarry Books -- Making Soda at Home: Mastering the Craft of Carbonation
Like on Facebook!, Follow on Twitter, Add to Goodreads

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #12
FTJoe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanx. So I did 2 teaspoons in 30 oz of carbonated water and ended up using 20 drops of extra concentrated Ezsweetz. This received approval from the taste testers. Though my daughter really couldn't tell as we started adding sugar if it was lacking flavor or sugar as compared to the control batch.

On to other flavors once we get through these batches. Though right now I only have Cherry, Black Cherry and Vanilla besides the Orange, Cream and Root Beer. Coming in a few days are Lemon Lime, Ginger Ale, Grape, Sarsaparilla, Orange Dream and Chocolate Raspberry. So I'll probably try Orange and Cream again using these proportions. If no good, we'll make syrup for snow cones.

Quick Reply