Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Questions????

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
mcc1961
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Questions????

I am adding a co2 regulator to my 24 oz paintball tank with the adapter I got online.What I am wanting to know is how much pressure to set it for using a 2 liter bottle?Also do the cheaper 2 liter cola bottles bust easier than a coke or pepsi 2 liter and how many times can they be used?Also is there a simple cola recipe that doesn't require you to have a lot of hard to find ingredients?I have tried the soda stream cola and it tastes alright .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 5159 Times on 3721 Posts
Likes Given: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc1961 View Post
I am adding a co2 regulator to my 24 oz paintball tank with the adapter I got online.What I am wanting to know is how much pressure to set it for using a 2 liter bottle?Also do the cheaper 2 liter cola bottles bust easier than a coke or pepsi 2 liter and how many times can they be used?Also is there a simple cola recipe that doesn't require you to have a lot of hard to find ingredients?I have tried the soda stream cola and it tastes alright .
For soda, I use 40 psi and shake until carbed. I love a "carbonator cap" for soda (well, and beer too). I've never had any plastic soda bottles burst at 40 psi.

I don't make cola, but I know there are cola extracts available.

Find me on facebook: Lorena Evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 12-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
hunter_la5
16%er
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1246 Times on 768 Posts
Likes Given: 3414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper

For soda, I use 40 psi and shake until carbed. I love a "carbonator cap" for soda (well, and beer too). I've never had any plastic soda bottles burst at 40 psi.

I don't make cola, but I know there are cola extracts available.
Thanks for the tips! This really helped.

My GF doesn't like beer at all (homebrew, craft, or BMC), so this weekend we made root beer so she could share in my hobby a bit. Turned out quite nicely.

image-3223049823.jpg

I don't like the "crank 'n shake" method for beer, but for soda it works great. I'm not too worried about over carbing root beer.
2. Yooper's Fizzy Yellow Beer
3. Brandon O's Graff
Bottled:
Kombucha
Primary:
1. Kombucha
UnderCouchers 4 Lyfe

Quick Reply