Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Please tell me why I'm crazy: homemade sparkling limeade

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #11
Mad_Milo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

It's really up to you what you use. Store bought syrup would work, you'd have to adjust to your tastes. We personally are looking to reduce high fructose corn syrup in our food and drinks, so I make my syrups from scratch with cane sugar.

The recipe is usually simple: cocoa, sugar, water and some vanilla. You make a simple syrup (1-2 parts sugar to 1 part water, ounces work best) first and add the other stuff.

I used the recipe here and it flavors the soda well at 1-1.5 oz per 8-12 oz glass. The only critique of this recipe is how thin it is in body. Flavor is good though, and it mixes easily.

For a great treat, add a splash of cream or a couple of scoops of ice cream!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #12
CrankyOldLibrarian
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks for the recipe! I've been making a bunch of citrus/ginger based sodas, but have yet to make a chocolate one.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:13 AM   #13
brewingkitty
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

coolaid, lemonade, etc powder can be gotten in bulk (to make 6 gals and pre-sugared) and at about 5 psi they are pretty good. the slight carbonation gives it some bite.

"Damn ye, yellow-bellied sapsuckers; I'm a better man than all of ye milksops put together" - Blackbeard

"...I have really good sex moves; that I learned in China. I'm a sexual tiger; and feed on va-gine-a." - Jon Lajoie

Quick Reply