Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Need to resanitize tap before bottling?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
Embercide
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Need to resanitize tap before bottling?

I've got my first hard lemonade fermenting away nicely in a 55L coopers fermenter and I'm about a week away from the bottling stage. I took an OG reading dispensing it from the tap into the test tubey, then put a small plastic bag over the tap and held it on with a rubber band to stop any bugs etc crawling over it as it is stored under the house to keep cool.

Since there would have been some small amount of lemonade residue on the tap still when I placed the bag on, should I fill a spray bottle with sanitising solution and spray the tap fitting 15mins prior to bottling? Or is this just being unnecessarily obsessive?

Cheers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply