Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Lots of Line and Still Foam

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #11
MarkVT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieskier View Post
Alrighty, I think I got the problem sorted out.

Seems it was probably a bit of both the line temp and a leak around the diptube o-ring.

My first test it poured much better than last night but there were still some air gaps and a bit too much foam.

I took off the out post on the keg and changed the diptube o-ring and that seems to have solved the problem completely.
That's good news. I'm having the same exact problem you described with my first keg of root beer. I've had my line coiled next to the keg for a week now, so I'm thinking maybe the diptube o-ring is a problem? All I need to do is purge the headspace before I take off the post right? No need to empty the keg?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply