Looking for a blackberry recipe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a blackberry soda using frozen berries, carbed with yeast. I went about it just like any fruit soda... simmer the berries for about 15 minutes, strain the pulp and seeds, add sugar to taste, cool, pitch the yeast, bottle until firm, chill, enjoy. The berries had good flavor, but not much body or bite, so I added a bit of fresh ginger and a pinch of mint. I usually make about 70 oz. total, which ends up in one 20 oz plastic bottle (to check carbonation) and 3 16 oz. glass bottles. Don't worry too much about a recipe, just go by taste. If your mix tastes good luke-warm, it should taste fabulous when carbonated and chilled.

Thanks, guys. I'll be using a soda keg, but I think it would be a really good idea to try a smaller batch first. The ginger sounds like a great suggestion.

Plan on straining the berries, then straining the juice through a fine filter. I have a special keg with a filter inside that I use with blackberry products.

Question? how many cups of syrup pre gallon do you use?
This looks like a fun thing to make with my daughter.
thanks for the help.

Back