*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Kegerator for Soda

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #1
Cammyp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Kegerator for Soda

Can anyone lend some insight on making carbonated drinks using a kegerator? Can I bottle them up? If so how long? Etc... I want to be able to make my own sodas and store them away for a later date. Any advice is much appreciated!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2012, 01:54 AM   #2
rew
Recipes 

Serve soda water and have syrups and whipped cream for making Italian sodas. By doing this, you won't have to clean funky cola/root beer smells from your lines and keg.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:04 AM   #3
rew
Recipes 

Just saw your post in the Italian soda thread.

You can use a counter pressure bottle filler -- it should hold the carbonation after capping. But the bottles should immediately go in the fridge to avoid fermentation.

However, my experience with counter pressure filling is more liquid goes on the floor (or your hair and clothes) than in the bottle.

Good luck.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
MrFoodScientist
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My preferred method is to force carbonate water in the keg and bottle on top of syrups in glass bottles using a BMBF. That keeps the kegs clean (no strong flavors in keg), they carb faster and more fully (due to absence of sugar in keg).

If you can keep your keg chilled when you bottle, and keep sloshing to a minimum, you can keep a fair amount of co2 in solution and have a nice carbonated beverage. With careful sanitation, I've even kept unrefrigerated bottles stored for a number of weeks without loss of carbonation, overcarbonation, or change in flavor. The only things that have rendered my urefrigerated bottles undrinkable so far is that some with excess solids such as spices or fruit pulp will settle out and create a sludge on the bottom over time, or if I cut corners on sanitation, then they start to tast a little yeasty after a while.

Find Recipes on my blog: The Homemade Soda Expert I'd love some feedback!
Now Available from Quarry Books -- Making Soda at Home: Mastering the Craft of Carbonation
Like on Facebook!, Follow on Twitter, Add to Goodreads

Quick Reply