Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Hop Tech Root Beer Extracts and Recipe Questions????

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 02:31 AM   #1
duganderson
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Hop Tech Root Beer Extracts and Recipe Questions????

I'm planning to buy some root beer extracts from Hop Tech. Is there extract good?

Also, the recipe they recommend is much simpler than others such as Gnome. They just use luke warm water, mix everything, then cap. Does this simple recipe work well because it sounds faster to make than others such as Gnome.

Also, they recommend Cooper's Ale yeast but they use a lot of yeast compared to the Gnome extract receipe. They use 7 grams of Cooper's yeast per 2 1/2 gallons. In comparison, Gnome only uses a rounded 1/4 teaspoon for 2 1/2 gallons. Why does Hop Tech use SO much more yeast?

Thanks, Doug

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
cedawg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Hop Tech Soda

When following the Hoptech Soda Recipe, I found the root beer to be way to yeasty. I recommend using a similar amount of yeast that you would use for other soda recipes.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply