Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Hop soda?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 01:35 AM   #11
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ChshreCat's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 11,299
Liked 461 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Sorry, my friend. I know you're just making soda, but this is an alcohol making website. You're going to have to come back in about 8 years. See you then!

__________________
ChshreCat is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #12
chickenetti
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: denver, co
Posts: 6
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

There are recipes for both ginger beer and root beer that call for hops.

__________________
chickenetti is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 02:00 AM   #13
gfinockio
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 62
Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Sorry, my friend. I know you're just making soda, but this is an alcohol making website. You're going to have to come back in about 8 years. See you then!
Brewing is brewing - I'd be a bit more gentle in your reply next time, mate.
__________________
gfinockio is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 02:09 AM   #14
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ChshreCat's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 11,299
Liked 461 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfinockio View Post
Brewing is brewing - I'd be a bit more gentle in your reply next time, mate.
I was quite gentle, and polite too boot. I don't make the rules. I just enjoy this website and don't want it shut down due to minors taking part. The age issue is in the terms of service. Not sure what I said (two and a half years ago) that offended you... mate.
__________________

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

ChshreCat is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 02:17 AM   #15
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ChshreCat's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 11,299
Liked 461 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

lol... that long ago I'm not even sure who I was replying to, unless the post was removed along with the user.

__________________

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

ChshreCat is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 02:27 AM   #16
BigSumpin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Seattle, WA.
Posts: 156
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinnerstick View Post
lightly hopped ginger beer? could be good, could be vile... might have a bash at it
Check out the Trade Route Ginger ingedients...too lightly hopped but still very tasty.
__________________
BigSumpin is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 02:52 AM   #17
gfinockio
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 62
Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
I was quite gentle, and polite too boot. I don't make the rules. I just enjoy this website and don't want it shut down due to minors taking part. The age issue is in the terms of service. Not sure what I said (two and a half years ago) that offended you... mate.
Brewing soda doesn't mean someone is underage. Could be making soda for your own kids.

Back on topic - I'm going to try to make some sweet ginger ale and lightly "hop" it. Any suggestions on which hops to use?
__________________
gfinockio is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #18
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ChshreCat's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 11,299
Liked 461 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfinockio View Post
Brewing soda doesn't mean someone is underage. Could be making soda for your own kids.

Back on topic - I'm going to try to make some sweet ginger ale and lightly "hop" it. Any suggestions on which hops to use?
I was talking to someone who WAS underage and said so at some point. The post was likely removed or it was in another thread that he stated his age. I'm sorry if that offends you but it's in the TOS when you sign up. I'm the one who started this thread. Why would I assume someone is underage for talking about making soda when I was talking about making soda? LOL
__________________

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

ChshreCat is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 05:50 AM   #19
Fuzzymittenbrewing
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: , West Michigan
Posts: 3,996
Liked 1231 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 117

Default

Missed the tasting at local bottle shop a couple days ago but its made by the Proper Soda Co. In Grand Rapids

img_9057875677716.jpeg

__________________
Fuzzymittenbrewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #20
gfinockio
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 62
Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
I was talking to someone who WAS underage and said so at some point. The post was likely removed or it was in another thread that he stated his age. I'm sorry if that offends you but it's in the TOS when you sign up. I'm the one who started this thread. Why would I assume someone is underage for talking about making soda when I was talking about making soda? LOL
Well, if there was a post that was removed... that certainly does change things. My apologies.
__________________
gfinockio is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting Into Soda Joeywhat Soda Making 2 11-24-2009 09:55 PM
New to Soda JDengler Soda Making 3 09-29-2009 07:02 AM
De-caf soda zac Soda Making 7 11-11-2008 08:01 PM
New to soda ajk170 Soda Making 5 10-03-2008 10:36 PM
Keg lines for soda slim chillingsworth Soda Making 10 06-24-2008 01:32 AM