Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > homemade carb cap

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #21
chazzman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

About the yeast flavor/aroma... Any opinions on whether a decent brewer's or
champagne yeast would improve the scenario?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2010, 10:36 PM   #22
pennafd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I am really curious about the forced carbonation with the pressure caps. So, you make your own carb water with yeast, then force it into the bottles, if I understand things correctly? Thus you have yeast carbonation without the yeast flavor or time? And you have a guarantee of carbonated soda after you do the process instead of wondering whether the stuff will carb up over the next several days? If I am right, count me IN!!

Where can I learn more about this? Where can I get more detailed instructions on how to make the cap and how to do the process?

Oh wait, one more question, does the yeast water actually get into the soda or is it just the gas that gets in? I am wondering because it may reduce the already negligible volume of alcohol. It would be convenient for the sake of parents who worry about that sort of stuff. I am not one of them, but I think some friends might be.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply