Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Has anyone ever come across an Ale-8 clone?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
adamhlava
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Has anyone ever come across an Ale-8 clone?

I used to be able to get my hands on as much Ale-8 as I wanted when living in eastern and central KY. Now that I've moved I can't find it anywhere. I'd love to give it a shot but have come up empty-handed thus far.

3784979.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #2
SHBSJon
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 25

No recipe, sorry, but drank a bunch at the Mt. Sterling Court Days this weekend. Seems like low carbonated, very mild ginger ale with a hint of.........vanilla?
MMMMMMMM!!!

South Hills Brewing-Greentree
Country Wines-North Hills
South Hills Brewing-Monroeville

Old 10-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
adamhlava
Recipes 

I was at Court Day as well. I think I saw you there
Hmm...vanilla you say? A little fruitier too, but can't quite put my finger on it.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
saramc
Recipes 

Liked 146 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamhlava
I used to be able to get my hands on as much Ale-8 as I wanted when living in eastern and central KY. Now that I've moved I can't find it anywhere. I'd love to give it a shot but have come up empty-handed thus far.
You may ask grocery where you live to consider stocking, I am hearing that it is being picked up out of state.
Story: I called the company in Winchester when son was in AIT in military and they shipped a few cases for me. His CO thought they were alcohol and demanded one before my son could take possession. CO ended up ordering some and to this day he still drinks it. I even had it shipped to Iraq.

It is a great soda. I hope you are able to develop a clone.

Motto: quel che sara sara

Quick Reply