New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Has any one made Real Rootbeer with,,,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #11
Suthrncomfrt1884
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nablis View Post
mountainroseherbs.com
I got all of the stuff minus the cherry root bark here and not too expensive plus i got some coriander and it is alot fresher than store stuff.

Looks like they do have the cherry bark too but I didn't find it before.
I'll definately have to buy from them next time. Their prices look a lot better than starwest.

Another HERMS rig...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2010, 04:34 AM   #12
Techniker
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_in_wv View Post
I dig sassafras all the time. When the leaves are on look for leaves shaped like mittens. The same tree can have up to 3 different shape leaves.

The ends of the wtigs will be bright green and when broken have a very distinct smell. The best indication is the root but once you find the right root smell the twig so you can recognise it in the future.
Some people say you can dig the root when the sap is down but I like it the best in the spring before the leaves come out.

Make sure that you don't get the bark above the root
Just as a note, make sure you avoid the ones near power lines! I had a stash near some and I went to check on them today to dig them up...the power company had taken RoundUp to them!!! Glad I didn't put that in my root beer. Looks like I will have to wait to find some more.

-Techniker

Old 11-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #13
kc_in_wv
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techniker View Post
Just as a note, make sure you avoid the ones near power lines! I had a stash near some and I went to check on them today to dig them up...the power company had taken RoundUp to them!!! Glad I didn't put that in my root beer. Looks like I will have to wait to find some more.

-Techniker
That is where I grow mine. I don't let the electric co. spray there. I use the area for my garden and fruit trees also. I keep most of it grubbed out and when a bigger tree limb gets to close to the line I call them to trim the tree.

What I smoke has a sting to it.

Quick Reply