Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Getting Into Soda

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
Joeywhat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Getting Into Soda

OK so I'm planning on having one or two soda's on tap as well as my homebrew. The concensus is that having a LOT of line for the tap (20'+) is the only way to go...is there any chance in hell that a short 4-5 foot line with picnic tap will work? Or should I just not bother putting it together and go get the longer tubing?

I'm also wondering about using two regulators with one CO2 tank. I've seen 'primary' and 'secondary' regulators...I believe I have two primaries, they have the low and high pressure gauges. Is there any downside to using both on the same tank or do I have to have a secondary? And how would this be set up? I've seen lots of info on setting up secondary regulators, not so much about two primaries.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

No way will a party tap work, unless you come up with another way of increasing the resistance. Some people have inserted epoxy mixers into the lines.

If you have two regulators, they can be set at different pressures. No problem there. I have secondaries because I found a good deal on them.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 11-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
GroosBrewz
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I carb rootbeer, kool-aid, and Crystal Light with 5 foot cobra/picnic taps with these cheap (like $1.00 ) epoxy mixer inserts and have never had a foaming problem.. I insert two into the dip tube, turn the psi up to 20, carb for three days, and then pour... they work beautifully and are super-cheap

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/cure-your-short-hose-troubles-100151/

Tap 1- JubelAle Clone
Tap 2- Evening Bite Pale Ale
Tap 3- Twilight Clone
Tap 4- Dicks Danger Ale Clone

"Today I felt like burning some calories....So I found a fat kid and set him on fire"

Quick Reply