*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Getting Coca Cola syrup bag, need answer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #11
hvjackson
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I don't think it really matters. The equilibrium is between the CO2 in solution and the CO2 pressure in the headspace. It's a property of the CO2, not really the liquid (beer and soda are both mostly water, after all). The only problem with that chart is that it doesn't go high enough if you want a highly carbonated soda -- the highest pressure listed is 30 psi. But you can at least get a sense of the relationship between temperature, pressure, and dissolved CO2.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #12
MagicMike
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

How about shelf time? How long can I store the bag of syrup before it goes bad? Will it last longer if I bottle thr syrup in a container and store it in the freezer? thank you.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:10 AM   #13
KevinM
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts

Its best to keep it in the bag. What happens is that the bag "deflates" as its used. Thus no air or bacteria or mold will have a chance of getting in. If you put it into other containers it can get moldy despite preservatives. Id go by the best by date.

Primary: Sake
Secondary: GF Czech Lager
Waiting to be kegged, Italian Primitivo
Kegged&Ready: GF Orange&Coriander, GF Honey Lager, GF chocolate ale, GF English ale, Island mist (zinfandel), Island mist (cbry malbec).
Bottled: Infected Mead, Dry Hard ciders, Accidental Sorghumwine, various unnamed.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #14
MagicMike
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The commercial one I think it 3-4 months use only. I would assume they give it that date because if it's only sold to restaurant they won't expect for them to keep a bag for so long without having to order more if they are selling pop.

Quick Reply