Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > First soda help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2013, 02:41 AM   #1
perschml
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First soda help

So I have the keg, concentrate C02 an all the stuff. Now how do I do it?? I have gnome root beer extract and was going to sweeten with Splenda for health reasons...

The gnome package says to keg at 35psi and cold and it should be good to go it 6-8 hours... But what I read says different.

What's the best way to make this soda successfully?

Any advice at this point is much appreciated!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
MrFoodScientist
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 4

6 to 8 hours is only valid if you shake the dickens out of it.

Keg cold at 30-35psi and shake until you don't hear any more CO2 flowing. If you can't hear any more CO2 flowing, check the needle on the gauge, if it moves when you shake the keg, then you're still dumping CO2 in.

When you no longer see the needle move during shaking, turn off the CO2 and shake for a good 5 to 10 minutes, then turn the CO2 back on and see if you can hear it again.

When you can turn off the CO2, shake, and turn it back on again with no visible movement of the needles and no hissing through the tubes, then you know it's at equilibrium and is ready to serve. Just be sure you have long enough lines to serve at 30-35psi.

Find Recipes on my blog: The Homemade Soda Expert I'd love some feedback!
Now Available from Quarry Books -- Making Soda at Home: Mastering the Craft of Carbonation
Like on Facebook!, Follow on Twitter, Add to Goodreads

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply