The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Fall Soda Recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #11
penged
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I went real old school and roasted a real pumpkin in the oven. It's a real chore for very little payout IMHO.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 01:52 AM   #12
blazin5050
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Lets Relive An Interesting Old Thread!

I recently moved to a small town in Ontario that has a Pumpkin Fest every year. It's the biggest thing this town ever gets because it's a small farm town where everybody knows everybody kinda deal.

As a home brewer & Chef I decided to vend an Apple Pumpkin Spiced Cider Soda to change it up. I was going to JUICE the pumpkin in my juicer and crock pot the liquid with my spices. Less sediment that way. But don't throw away the pumpkin crap after you get your juice, make some muffins or something with it!

But if it's still such a big deal with the sediment, as a homebrewer you should have a carboy and an auto siphon. Just let it settle for a couple hours and siphon off what couldn't be strained? Also I decided to use apple juice to keep from watering down all the flavor. Haven't tried it yet but will try to repost when I do!

Good luck with future sodas and cheers!

Last edited by blazin5050; 09-07-2012 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Don't throw out the pumpkin crap from the juicer, MUFFINS!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply