New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Dedicated Sping Water Soda Water Machine Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #51
sarink
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

You know the small round/hollow metal piece that sits inside a check valve (it holds an o ring, and the ball/spring sit inside of it)? What do you call those? One of mine is broken, and I'm having a really hard time locating a new one. Any ideas?

Also, I've noticed some what looks like rusty water very slowly dripping off of the pressure tank (same tank as you, though I must have something just a little bit loose). Has this happened to you? Should that tank be aluminum instead of steel?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #52
roger55
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarink View Post
You know the small round/hollow metal piece that sits inside a check valve (it holds an o ring, and the ball/spring sit inside of it)? What do you call those? One of mine is broken, and I'm having a really hard time locating a new one. Any ideas?

Also, I've noticed some what looks like rusty water very slowly dripping off of the pressure tank (same tank as you, though I must have something just a little bit loose). Has this happened to you? Should that tank be aluminum instead of steel?
Can't help you on the check valve.

Noticed no rust with mine. Never seen an aluminum pressure tank.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #53
roger55
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz420NJ View Post
I didn't see if anyone asked yet, but how long is your CO2 tank lasting just making seltzer? I will be using Flojet CO2 powered syrup pumps in mine, so I know it will go faster, but since there's not much difference in price here for filling a 20# vs a 50# tank (beyond the difference in the initial tank purchase), I'm wondering which I should go with.. It will be mostly soda water use.
I just finally had to refill my #20 cylinder. It lasted from 3/8/13 to 3/25/14 (today). So it lasted me a whole year + a couple of weeks. I'd estimate my wife and I drink about 3 gallons a week so if that is accurate, then a 20# cylinder is good for about 160 gallons of soda water.

Quick Reply