1. Are you saying that after you fermented, you added soda water to bring it to five gallons or is that five gallons water plus an additional amount of soda water?
2. Do you prefer a club soda over another?
3. I recently made what was supposed to be a 2L H2O, 1.25 cups sugar, .25 cup brown sugar recipe. After approx 48 hours it seemed to be to sweet and I bump up an additional liter; still sweet. I would try bringing it down to 1 cup next time; just my suggestion.
4. Back to adding soda water: I do believe yeasting adds flavors to the final taste. Based off you results, and making a 1 gallon batch, what H2O to soda ratio would you recommend? I'm thinking about half?
5. Finally, haha, was the lemon there for the purpose of acidity of flavour.. or both? And why juice and rind (for the acidity and flavour, haha)?
Oh, because I've only been a member of this forum for a month MUST mean I've only been doing it for that long. Ya, I do enjoy Coors. It's cheap by the glass/pitcher and it keeps me hydrated while I get pissed. It's really nice to drink on a hot day. It's not to bad to boil brats in as well. Stop being a snob. FACT: No one likes a snob. I assure you, I am not the red neck my profile picture suggests.