Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Corny Keg

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 03:54 AM   #1
xokeman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Corny Keg

Just getting into Rootbeer making only. I have only made 2 Gallons so far via the Mr. Rootbeer method but have purchased a regulator and am going tomarrow to look at some other equipment for purchase.

What would be the point in kegging root-beer if I don't plan to serve it to the masses.

And what would be the point if I don't have a large enough freezer to store my kegs in once they are filled with my premix? Is it prefered to bottle from these kegs instead?

I plan to eventually sell my brew at the local farmers market in bottles.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2011, 05:13 AM   #2
KevinM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokeman View Post
What would be the point in kegging root-beer if I don't plan to serve it to the masses.
If you (or only a few people constantly there (kids, swmbo, etc) really like drinking rootbeer and want to have 5 gallons onhand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokeman View Post
And what would be the point if I don't have a large enough freezer to store my kegs in once they are filled with my premix? Is it prefered to bottle from these kegs instead?
Not sure about that point if you can't chill it and keep it cold. You'd need it cold to bottle it as well. See the sticky about beer guns in the kegging subforum. Even if you chill the keg using a cooler/bucket/utlity tub, and a lot of ice. When you try bottling warm, you lose the co2.

Primary: Sake
Secondary: GF Czech Lager
Waiting to be kegged, Italian Primitivo
Kegged&Ready: GF Orange&Coriander, GF Honey Lager, GF chocolate ale, GF English ale, Island mist (zinfandel), Island mist (cbry malbec).
Bottled: Infected Mead, Dry Hard ciders, Accidental Sorghumwine, various unnamed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply