Collecting force carbonated soda recipes:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FjarmoFin

Reaction score
Hi! A thread like this doesen't exists i thought i should make one.
Share your force carbonated soda recipes here and hopefully this thread could grow to a larger database.

well since all soda is, is water and syrup, basically its share your syrup recipe and how much water to add the syrup to lol, im going to be making a cantaloupe soda, im going grocery shopping tomorrow so i will post back with the recipe, as i still have to fine tune it. i may grab some other kind of fruit to do too, any suggestions before i go to the store tomorrow? i can pick it up test it out and get back to you.

Hmm, soonish, I'll be working on a 5 gallon tonic recipe. I'll report back.

At the homebrew shop I used to work at, we constantly had soda on tap for the customers. Here's one of my favorite recipes:

1 bottle Zatarans rootbeer
3.4-4.5#'s of sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
.5# Maltodextrine
.5# Lactose

Add all to a keg with hot water, shake to dissolve solids, carbonate at 30 psi for a week and serve.

Great. I harvested some cherries from our back yard and i'm going to try and make some soda out of them this week.
I'll report on how it turns out.

There's actually a soda recipe database in the recipes section. There's not too much there, but does include both syrups and fermented versions of soda. They're really the same thing, just minor conversion. I think the main thing is that we don't have many from scratch recipes that we've really put out there. They're either too complex or too simple. ArtofDrink.com lists a lemon syrup that's: juice 8 lemons, 10oz sugar, some gum arabic and lemon oil. Basically, lemon juice and sugar. Same thing for cherry syrup, and it's easier to buy cherry concentrate, or take a can of frozen juice concentrate from the freezer section.

For example, the cherries... I'd either say, crush them and macerate them in the fridge with sugar, to extract a syrup, or pit them and put them in vodka to make a cherry extract, or add sugar to make a liquor and make that a soda. It'll probably need some lemon or lime to perk it up in either situation.

I'm playing around with rootbeer as my last one tasted more like a cream soda, and I want to add something to spice it up a bit and that had around 8 ingredients in varying quantities including sarsaparilla, liquorish root, wintergreen, chicory, black pepper, star anise, coriander.

The cherry soda i made was pretty amazing stuff. I took one liter of water and boiled it with a few handfulls of cherries. The liquid got a very strong red color and alot of taste. I didn't add much sugar because I like the natural tart and bitter taste of cherries, but the sugar amount depends alot on how sweet your cherries are. Mine were quite sweet.

Back