Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Bubble Tea Syrups?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2014, 03:51 AM   #1
daft
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Bubble Tea Syrups?

Has anyone tried to add bubble tea syrups to carbed water, such as sodastream? Foam volcano or affordable real fruit taste? Pretty tempting price per ounce and nice exotic flavors.

I saw econo jugs of Possmei Flavored Syrups can be subscribed to in Amazon, and have sugar and real fruit (or hibiscus) as major ingredients. If too much pulp, it can end up foamy. Or off taste, due to long trip from Taiwan?

Tripping on carbonic acid, high on fructose!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2014, 02:22 AM   #2
JRW1
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 14

holy **** can you help me make bubble tea? i know you have to buy the boba somewhere but how do you make the tea? do you brew tea then add certain powder? newbie here maybe i should make a new thread

Old 07-13-2014, 02:56 AM   #3
daft
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Bubble (tapioca) tea can contain tea or not, milk or soy or not, but is always pretty sweet. If not carbonating, I would go with an instant thai tea mix which I love. You can substitute a healthy fermented coconut gel for the tapioca.

Or maybe try this hibiscus syrup... hibiscus flowers are made into tea before they get all brown and oxidized. Since bubble tea sometimes has milk added to it, I guess the fruit syrups aren't gonna have any tartness that could curdle it, so I will be prepared to add lemonade concentrate to my soda batch.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:45 PM   #4
daft
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I had a spectacular success by combining a little sodastream natural ginger ale syrup with more of the natural Hibiscus bubble tea syrup below. It's a lot like white zinfandel wine... rose colored, where the zing of ginger is like the tang of alcohol.

At first I tried Hibiscus alone into the bubbly water, which was very strange and I couldn't analyze what it needed. But then I got an intuitive flash for ginger syrup (which was also awful alone or mixed with a bad Amoretti cola syrup I was trying to rescue). I hate it when I can't figure why something works, but just have to rediscover the exact ratio of what I put in by luck.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:32 AM   #5
daft
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daft View Post
At first I tried Hibiscus alone into the bubbly water, which was very strange and I couldn't analyze what it needed.
I just tried one of their fruit based syrups, and it was NIRVANA! Had the tartness that hibiscus lacked.

It was one of theirs that is one third real fruit juice... I don't yet dare try ones like kiwi yet (yum) because it is only 1% real kiwi juice. I realize some fruits are gonna be to expensive to juice, but some of theirs has tons of apparently expensive juices. Still worthwhile mixing flavors to get the best balance of tartness to sweet, etc.

I will be on the lookout for other bubble tea syrup brands, but this is the supreme best so far on the sodastream. BTW the handle on this brand is too small to get a good grip for careful pouring - just grab the main body of it and pour into a tilted side of the bottle rather than into the carbed water or it may foam. And refrigerate before opening, because the delicious fruit fragments may trigger a foam volcano unless it has sat a bit.

Quick Reply