*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Bottles won't get hard.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #11
Brewin_Bob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

My $0.02

The bottles need to sit at room temp until they are hard to squeeze, usually 4-6 days. You won't notice much change in pressure in the first 24-36 hours. Once the bottles are hard (yeah, yeah, ha ha), refridgerate them immediately. My LHBS owner said to leave them in the fridge for at least 2 weeks before drinking, but I think you should leave them for at leat 4-5 weeks. My root beer tasted much better as it "aged". When I moved a couple of weekends ago, I still had some root beer that was made in early April and it tasted great.

Edit: I used Cooper's dry yeast, not bread yeast.

-- Kings Full Brewery --
-- Currently Being Remodeled --

Primary:None
Secondary:None
Conditioning:Lemstrac Wine, first mead
Bottled:None

Last edited by Brewin_Bob; 08-05-2008 at 03:33 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply