LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
johngaltsmotor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default Yellow leaves sprouting

I've got a bunch of 4th year plants. Hallertau, Mt Hood, and Zeus are doing fine. But my Nugget are sprouting as yellow leaves and withering almost immediately. It keeps popping up new shoots, but the leaves are already yellow.

The only thing I can think is maybe the Nugget didn't get as good of a mulch cover and the hard winter has somehow hurt it to the point of sending out bum leaves from the start?

I'm starting to get worried now that everything else is 2ft+ and the Nugget doesn't have a single viable bine yet.

Pigs are magical creatures... they turn vegetables into BACON!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2014, 07:51 AM   #2
HALIFAXHOPS
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 62

I would check the ph and also make sure it is not overwatered.

Got Hops?

There is no problem to big or small not to be fixed by enough beer!
Just do not have your beer held hostage by the wife or you will never get anything halfway done!

Old 05-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #3
johngaltsmotor
Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Thanks Halifax.
The concern is: they are all in a line about 8-10ft on center, so why would only the one have an issue? I could possibly see that this one is in a bit of a valley compared to the others (more likely to be continually moist), but we haven't had much rain lately. Plus the soil contours are the same as last year and this is a new occurrence.
I'll try to remember to grab a pH meter next time I'm at the garden supply.

Pigs are magical creatures... they turn vegetables into BACON!!

Old 05-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #4
B-Hoppy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 122 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 211

Diagnosing plant problems is a real challenge, especially without any pictures and more importantly without being able to be on site. There could be many below ground physical variables that may be at play unless you know as a fact that there aren't. With this thought in mind, you have to take into consideration how deep the roots will potentially travel into the soil so knowing what's below is pretty much an unknown unless you're willing to dig, dig, dig until you can find where the deepest root terminates.

Just suppose that you DO know what's below in the soil and determine that there's no problems there. Now you have to look for other similarities/differences and keep ruling things out. I don't know about the cold tolerance that each of those varieties posess, but I would bet that they all had to try to survive an exceptionally cold winter. Maybe the Nugget is less cold hardy than the others? Lots of detective work involved here so sorry, that's all I got.

"Neil & I would've tweeted from the moon if we could have but I would prefer to tweet from Mars. Maybe by 2040" ~ @TheRealBuzz, Buzz Aldrin 11:20 PM - 04 Jan 13

Quick Reply