Who wants free Rhizomes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thantos

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have 3 Rhizomes:

1 - Cascade:
Aroma: You know by now. Citrusy, Flowery. Ubiquitous (just joking).

Alpha Acid: 4% to 7%

Typical Usage: Flavoring and Aroma. I have never bittered with it but it can be used that way too.

1 - Chinook:
Aroma: Herbal, Smoky, Piney, Floral Some sources said similar to Cascade.

Alpha Acid: 12.5 to 14.0%

Typical Usage: Bittering! Use as an aroma hop is gaining popularity. There were some warning of harsh bitterness with overuse. “Catty” was used to described when it was used too much.

Beer Styles: Sources suggested 60 minutes boil for low bitterness beers. Apparently this variety is used in Arrogant Bastard Ale. I think it would be good in American style ales…as a bittering hop for pales, ambers, and browns. Probably would work well in stouts and porters.

1 - Galena:
Aroma: Although used primarily for bittering, some texts did say it could be used later in the boil. Some descriptors were “clean” and “pungent”. Some others were “pleasant” and “citrusy”.

Alpha Acid: Between 10 – 14%

Typical Usage: Bittering. It’s a nice, clean bittering hop that works well with other hop varieties. I think that is the reason it has the mass appeal that it does. Plus, it apparently has good storage qualities. Some sources were claiming it retains its alpha acids for a long time (6 months) at room temperatures.

I will send these out FREE to the first person that PM's me their address with only one catch...... I want to see pictures posted here, of the plants in bloom!!! These Rhizomes are off of my 4th year plants that I harvested well over 3 pounds of hops from each plant ! ! ! All Rhizomes were harvested this morning. Any takers, let me know if there are any questions, I will answer them the best I can. Hopefully the pictures work and you can see the little pink buds on them. Each Rhizome is about 4-5 inches long and about a 1/4" to 3/8" thick.

Cascade.jpg

Chinook.jpg

Gelena.jpg

I only asked for Chinook and Cascade (Most of my recipes use these). Not sure if he's giving only one to each or what. I'll be happy if I even get one

I would take 1 if any are left, I lost all mine in the June tornado so I need to start new plants this year at my new house.

Drum Roll Please..................

http://iam.homebrewtalk.com/Ricand

I will be sending all three Rhizomes out sometime this week. Just to clear up some confusion, I probably should have stated in my original post, all three Rhizomes would go to one person. I gotta say it was close as I received 5 emails all time stamped 3:30pm and another 11 at 3:31 Lol.... So remember I wanna see some pictures of my, ahhh, our plants. LOL.....

Later Gene

Thanks again Gene, they made it through shipping just fine. I've got them safely stored away in the fridge until I can get them in the ground. I'm working on that hop trellis design now.

HopRhizome.jpg

Hey let me know if you harvest anymore Hop Rhizomes I woudl glady take some from ya.

Latest posts

Back