Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Hops Growing > Japan Hops Trading - 日本でホプスやりとり

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #21
ShizuokaBrad
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hi. I've never used this company but I remember reading in a thread somewhere that they ship rhizomes internationally. I think you have to contact them directly to get quotes on prices but I seem to remember that it costs something like 25$ for the paper work to get them shipped here.
http://www.freshops.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 02:13 AM   #22
ShizuokaBrad
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Got my sample from Bruhahops today. Wonderful smelling UK Challenger. I've got a recipe these will work in too! Going to have to bump up my brew schedule I think

Old 12-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #23
OppamaBrendan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShizuokaBrad View Post
Hi. I've never used this company but I remember reading in a thread somewhere that they ship rhizomes internationally. I think you have to contact them directly to get quotes on prices but I seem to remember that it costs something like 25$ for the paper work to get them shipped here.
http://www.freshops.com/
Thanks for the lead Brad! I just sent them a message asking if they can confirm the ability to ship here. If they say yes I think anyone interested needs to hurry and get orders in, I have read elsewhere that you need to order rhizomes well in advance, early spring is when distributors ship and by then its too late to order.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #24
WhoZiT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Considering the customs fees, a group buy might be a good idea. Domestic shipping once it hits Japan is quite cheap.

--------------------------------------------------

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." --George Carlin

Old 12-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #25
OppamaBrendan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Just got a reply. Its yes and 30 USD for the fee, 15 rhizome minimum order though so that makes the group buy sound good. Also they say check back in March so I guess we dont need to rush.
Cheers!

Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #26
bruhahops
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

Hey guys, just an update. I'm going to be in the Tokyo area from Dec. 30th - Jan. 5th. My girlfriend and I are trying to book places through airbnb, and are having some success, but I just wanted to see if you guys happen to know of any gems of hotels or hostels accessible to Central Tokyo. We might stay with a guy in Ota (near Rokugodote Station on the Keikyu Main Line.) Does anyone know about how much a train would cost from Ota to Shinagawa? About how long it would take? Or how late the trains run?

Free Global Shipping on Over 20 Varieties of Hops!
Brühahops.com

Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #27
WhoZiT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

You may or may not be into this, but a love hotel is a truly Japanese experience. Very cheap to stay overnight, although you can also pay by the hour. They are scattered everywhere, so a taxi driver will be able to take you with just those two words, "love hotel". They're not as raunchy as they sound. They may actually have better accommodations than a lot of other places, and in my experience the cost averages only 6000-7000 per night. And you'll probably find vacancy pretty easily. Some of them are even automated so you don't have to feel strange talking to a desk clerk or something.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #28
WhoZiT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Many of them also have great views (of the a river, mountain, or similar).

Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #29
OppamaBrendan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Just mentioning in the thread here so I dont forget later: I will send a cutting each of the Magnum and Centennial rhizomes I have to Okinawa in the spring. Theres a fairly big group down there so after a season I am sure they will have split off more and we (homebrewers in japan) will have a bigger base of rhizomes to share (of the 2 types I have so far) . Cheers!

If you are still looking for a hotel; near Kanda station I stayed at Comfort Inn. It was cheapish and clean and walking distance to Devilcraft. One station from Tokyo as well.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #30
JiBiru8
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhahops View Post
Hey guys, just an update. I'm going to be in the Tokyo area from Dec. 30th - Jan. 5th. My girlfriend and I are trying to book places through airbnb, and are having some success, but I just wanted to see if you guys happen to know of any gems of hotels or hostels accessible to Central Tokyo. We might stay with a guy in Ota (near Rokugodote Station on the Keikyu Main Line.) Does anyone know about how much a train would cost from Ota to Shinagawa? About how long it would take? Or how late the trains run?
From Rokugodote to Shinagawa takes ~15 minutes if you transfer at Keikyu Kamata station to an express train. If you want to stay on one train the whole time, it takes 23-28 minutes, depending on the time of day. It costs ¥220.

Your last trains:
Rokugodote to Shinagawa: 23:58
Shinagawa to Rokugodote: 00:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoZiT View Post
You may or may not be into this, but a love hotel is a truly Japanese experience. Very cheap to stay overnight, although you can also pay by the hour. They are scattered everywhere, so a taxi driver will be able to take you with just those two words, "love hotel". They're not as raunchy as they sound. They may actually have better accommodations than a lot of other places, and in my experience the cost averages only 6000-7000 per night. And you'll probably find vacancy pretty easily. Some of them are even automated so you don't have to feel strange talking to a desk clerk or something.
+1. Love hotels are great. Like WhoZiT says, many of them have better accommodations than a regular hotel. The only thing is, you're not going to have a concierge, and they're one night only, so you can't check your bags.

What are you looking to do, and where are you primarily going to be? I don't know what your budget is, but the Excel Hotel (http://www.tokyuhotelsjapan.com/en/T...IBU/index.html) in Shibuya has been a great spot for acquaintances that have visited. It's in a real central location, and unless you're out partying in the "sticks," you don't have to worry about last trains, as you'll either be walking distance of the hotel, or a short, cheap cab ride.

PM me if you have any specific questions.

Quick Reply