New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Hops Growing > Illinois eastern face growing Hops

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #11
discgolfin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoobarb
I'm guessing their growth will be limited. The first year I planted, I had two plants that got constant sunlight and two plants that got sun until ~1pm when the sun moved behind some trees that blocked the sunlight. Those two plants just did not grow. I transplanted them the following year.

You may have an okay yield, but it's been my experience that the more sun, the better.

I would have to say I agree..With what I have limited space and what to deal with. I figure it is worth a shot. If they do not suceed at all I will move them next year. I figure they will yield very little the first summer..I just want to see tham grow.

Jay

Primary: DFH 60 IPA
Secondaty: Blond Ale, Apfelwine, Crandaddy mead
Bottle: Blue moon clone,Kolsch, Eds House Ale, Barley wine, Stone IPA, Oatmeal stout, Hefe,

Drinking: 60 minute IPA, Honkers Ale, Wheat, cherry wheat, Appfelwine,

On Deck: Imperial Stout,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply