New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Hops Growing > Got a problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 03:22 AM   #1
svengoat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Got a problem

I ordered 2 hops and dutifully planted both, even kept the labels but the wind blew one away..Both have sprouted (one is cascade) but I've forgotten where I ordered them from and can't remember what kind the second is.. I think it's magnum but really don't know.. Is there any way to tell by looking?? I know it's a bittering hop..

Or should I say screw it and just use it in my homebrew anyway..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2009, 06:02 AM   #2
JarrodH
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by svengoat View Post
I ordered 2 hops and dutifully planted both, even kept the labels but the wind blew one away..Both have sprouted (one is cascade) but I've forgotten where I ordered them from and can't remember what kind the second is.. I think it's magnum but really don't know.. Is there any way to tell by looking?? I know it's a bittering hop..

Or should I say screw it and just use it in my homebrew anyway..
The leaves and the cones will look different. When they start growing and you can see the leaves, compare them to pics on homebrewtalk or the net of different hops leave. People here are growing a lot of different varieties, so you should be able to find something.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply