Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Hops Growing > Gorst valley midwest hop production workshop- South central WI

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
uuurang
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Gorst valley midwest hop production workshop- South central WI

Anybody in this forum attend the march workshop? Is it worth the time and money? I'm just a hobbyist but I am interested in learning more about growing hops...not necessarily for production $$$.

http://www.gorstvalleyhops.com

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
GVH_Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 160 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuurang View Post
Anybody in this forum attend the march workshop? Is it worth the time and money? I'm just a hobbyist but I am interested in learning more about growing hops...not necessarily for production $$$.

http://www.gorstvalleyhops.com
Disclaimer: I'm from Gorst Valley Hops and one of the presenters. That said, I honestly liked the workshop. A hobbyist would probably learn from the workshop, but it is definitely targeted at those looking to go commercial. There is a lot of time dedicated to trellis construction, harvesting equipment, oast design, etc. I learned a lot from the other presenters.

Since the first one was sold out, we are offering a second workshop on May 30th. Go to the aforementioned website for details. If you have any questions about the material, post here or send me an e-mail.

Is it worth the money? Probably not if you are only a hobbyist. You can check out any number of books on the topic from the library for free. If you are thinking of going commercial, then it probably is worth learning from our mistakes/hard lessons.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply