Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Hops Growing > 2012 Hop Swap

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
mthompson
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra_medium View Post
May as well get this started now. I will have cascade, zues, brewers gold and centennial available. Cover shipping and first come first served...I will also have some wild hops (no real info on them, I am bring some into my collection and thought I would offer) I found near me available.
Do think you'll have 2 cascade and 2 centennial available? If so, I cal dibs plus the cost of shipping!

Thanks,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 02:40 AM   #12
wolverinebrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
May as well get this started now. I will have cascade, zues, brewers gold and centennial available. Cover shipping and first come first served...I will also have some wild hops (no real info on them, I am bring some into my collection and thought I would offer) I found near me available.
I could use 10 centennial but I have none to offer as my plants are all 2 years and under. If you are interested, let me know what I owe. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper
I will have hallertauer, cascade, and chinook that I'll be trimming.
Yooper, I could use 4 cascade to finish out my row and 8 chinook to finish out that row. If you are interested, let me know what I owe. Thanks also.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
extra_medium
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I am interested in some strisselspalt if anyone has some.

Salute!

_____
~XM~

Best Hop Manual Ever
My brew sculpture

Old 01-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #14
Lamp24
Recipes 

I have cascade and nugget and would be interested in trading for chinook or centennial. How is every one harvesting their rhizomes.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #15
extra_medium
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamp24
I have cascade and nugget and would be interested in trading for chinook or centennial. How is every one harvesting their rhizomes.
Mine are currently in containers and I will be transplanting them. This will make getting the rhizomes real easy. Typically, you would dig them up a little ways away from your main bine. They should be just a little bit under the surface of the soil (they are basically root cuttings). The good ones will have white shoots and I would suggest to include as many of the little hair like roots connected as well as the shoots and, IMHO should be 4 to 10 inches long.

Salute!

_____
~XM~

Best Hop Manual Ever
My brew sculpture

Old 01-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #16
B-Hoppy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Quote:
Mine are currently in containers and I will be transplanting them. This will make getting the rhizomes real easy. Typically, you would dig them up a little ways away from your main bine. They should be just a little bit under the surface of the soil (they are basically root cuttings). The good ones will have white shoots and I would suggest to include as many of the little hair like roots connected as well as the shoots and, IMHO should be 4 to 10 inches long.
The 'good ones' that have the white shoots are rhizomes and the other ones without the white shoots are roots. Cuttings from rhizomes can start new plants where as cuttings from roots cannot. Sorry XM, but your phrase "they are basically root cuttings" may lead to some confusion. Grow On!!

Old 03-14-2012, 03:54 AM   #17
extra_medium
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

It is almost time! Anyone else in on an exchange? I would like some Northern Brewer or anything piney.

Salute!

_____
~XM~

Best Hop Manual Ever
My brew sculpture

Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #18
1stTimer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Cascade and Nugget here. Chinook is only two years old so cant help there. I will take whatever you got. PM is interested.

Secondary: Black RyePA, Sour
Currently in Bottles: Zaporter part deux, Black Betty Oaked Bourbon Porter
Currently in Kegs: Donkey Milk Stout, Galaxy IPA

Old 03-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #19
TriangleIL
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm looking to start growing hops this year. Would love someone who has an extra cascade, saaz, hallertauer, liberty or northern brewer to offer to send one my way (I'll pay for shipping of course). I hope to pay it forward next year if I am able to successfully grow my hops this year.

Thanks!

Bottled: Empty
Kegged: Fox River Trail IPA, Pink Elephant Delerium Clone, Apricot Belgian Wit IV, So Kolsch, Belgian Slut IPA
On Deck: Apricot Belgian Wit V, Blueberry Sherry, Marzen, Noble Pils, Munich Helles

My Ditches Build

Old 03-15-2012, 01:23 AM   #20
foxea
Recipes 

I want to start growing hops this year. Looking for East Kent Goldings, Magnum, Saaz, Coumbus, Cascade and Centennial to start out with. Will gladly pay for shipping and return the favor when they get bigger. I do not have anything to send out, since I am just starting out. Just looking for 1 of each. Anyone in Michigan, I travel from grand rapids North to White Cloud, south to portage once a week and can pick them up. Also travel to Flint and Auburn Hills once in a while. PM me and we can work out the details.

Quick Reply