Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Yep, another dead guy clone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2008, 05:25 PM   #11
keiths
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A friend of mine is the Manager there ( Ruby Tuesday's ) So I get a really good deal on food and drinks....
I think I will brew this also this weekend....Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #12
hopsalot
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I brewed a DG clone, turned out real good. Didnt dry hop so it didnt taste the same

Old 05-07-2008, 11:39 PM   #13
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2728 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

So gargoyle, how did yours turn out? I'm drinking the first one from my batch...It's still a little early, but damn, it tastes close...

I can't wait to brew it again with actual Pac Man yeast that I've been harvesting from bottles.

What I can't figure out though, it's my understanding that the "official" clone kits have a pound of candy sugar included...I'm wondering what the rest of the ingredients iare, and how they differ from this clone....hmmm....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 05-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #14
Gargoyle
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

This brew got better with a bit of age, and i say a bit, due to the fact, the corny emptied pretty damn quick...

I enjoy this brew so much, i am basically making it the house brew, and will always have a tap reserved just for it.

thanks again Yooper!

Cheers

Old 05-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #15
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4367 Times on 3175 Posts
Likes Given: 850

That looks good! I think I need to brew it again next week. I haven't made it in a while, so I think it's time. I don't have pacman yeast, so I'll probably use 1056.

Thanks for the pictures.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #16
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Pacman is being sold in limited quantities right now. Of course, before I found that out I cultured some from a Shakespeare Stout. Kilted Brewer made a 5 gallon starter for me

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Old 05-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #17
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
That looks good! I think I need to brew it again next week. I haven't made it in a while, so I think it's time. I don't have pacman yeast, so I'll probably use 1056.

Thanks for the pictures.
My LHBS surprisingly recommended 1338 Euro Ale Yeast rather than 1056...It was slow to take off and seemed to get stuck around 1.020 (if I recall) for a couple weeks (I was away for a couple of days and we had a cold snap and my loft dropped into the 50's)So I re-roused the yeast and wrapped a blanket around it, and it finished nicely.

I left it on the yeastcake for a month and I can't believe how clean and clear it is...It's like a ruby jewel. It tastes amazing, really crisp.

I now have 1 mason jar of harvested packman and another going on my stirplate... Yooper perhaps if I get motivated to make some slants rather than just leaving yeast slurries in mason jars in my fridge, I'll send you a couple tubes of good ole...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Last edited by Revvy; 05-08-2008 at 12:14 PM.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #18
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTOJ View Post
Pacman is being sold in limited quantities right now. Of course, before I found that out I cultured some from a Shakespeare Stout. Kilted Brewer made a 5 gallon starter for me
The guy at my LHBS called his distributor and he was told that it was only being sold with the Brewcraft Deadguy kits....Have you ACTUALLY seen loose packs of pacman? People keep saying it BUT my LHBS is one of the largest in Michigan, and if they can't get it loose then I'm thinking it's just a brewing rumor that people keep perpetuating...

I just noticed this on Brewer's outpost where I got the brewcraft pic...

Quote:
We are currently out of Pacman Liquid Ale Yeast. Rogue Dead Guy Ale Kits will come with WYeast 1056 California Ale Yeast.
I just used teh googlz to see if there was any news about new pacman releases and still there's nothing about it on the interwebs...So I'm thinking it's just another rumor....

Last edited by Revvy; 05-08-2008 at 12:26 PM.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #19
Revvy

Recipes 

I just searched Wyeast website....And there's no word of them releasing it...

Here's their upcoming schedule...Which most of us already have heard about...

Quote:
April - June 2008 Private Collection

Wyeast 2575PC
Kolsch II

An authentic Kolsch strain from one of Germany’s leading brewing schools. The rich flavor profile accentuates a soft malt finish. Low or no detectable diacetyl production. Will also ferment well at colder temperatures for fast lager type beers.

Attenuation 73-77%
Alc. Tolerance 10%
Flocculation low
Temperature Range 55-70ºF (13-21ºC)

Wyeast 2450PC
Denny’s Favorite 50

A mainstay of one of our local homebrewers, Mr. Denny Conn, this terrific all-round yeast can be used for almost any style beer. It is unique in that it produces a big mouthfeel and helps accentuate the malt, caramel, or fruit character of a beer without being sweet or under-attenuating. A great yeast for extract brewers and for fruit beers.

Attenuation 74-76%
Alc. Tolerance 10%
Flocculation low
Temperature Range 60-70ºF (15-21ºC)

Wyeast 3763PC
Roeselare Ale Blend

A blend of lambic cultures including lactic bacteria. Produces beers with a complex, earthy profile and distinct pie cherry sourness from a Brettanomyces culture. Aging for up to 18 months is required for full flavor profile and acidity to develop. Will produce a very dry profile due to super-attenuative nature of mixed cultures.

Attenuation 80%+
Alc. Tolerance 11%
Flocculation variable
Temperature Range 65-85ºF (18-30ºC)
So I guess we should keep bottle harvesting....

Old 05-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #20
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4367 Times on 3175 Posts
Likes Given: 850

You know, I'm an idiot! A couple of days ago, we just drank a 22 ouncer of Dead Guy I got in a beer swap. Did I even remember to save the yeast? NO! I bought the ingredients already, of course- but didn't even think about the pacman yeast! Duh! Good thing my yeast refrigerator has 1056 in it.
Revvy- if you ever start your slant hobby- you let me know!

Quick Reply