Upgraded Brewing System - Blackfly Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnyjim

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanted to give a few photos of myself and nailsu1's new brewery. For the past 5 years I have been brewing on a very simple system (see Fishbrew21 on youtube). It worked, but nailsu1 has put some dough(no pun intended) into this one.

We both currently reside at the end of the paved road in Madsen Ontario. So we have decided to call ourselves "Blackfly Brewery", as we are looking to go into some competitions this coming summer.

The majority of the equipment has come from HOPDAWGS(www.hopdawgs.ca) out of British Columbia. Our stand was welded by our friend Pete from here in Red Lake, Ontario.

We are intending to put up a youtube video about our setup at some point, but for now we have everything connected via. gravity/pump system, it is propane heated, and we also have a plate chiller connected to the pump. We are brewing 10 gallons at a time with the Blichmann autosparge in the mash tun, and we also have a stainless steel braided filter in our boil kettle just for fun.

We have also installed a computer downstairs for our Brewsmith 2.0 recording. It also never hurts to have homebrewtalk.com a click away ;).

Anyways, more to follow but couldn't wait to post our first photos of the finished setup. MORE TO FOLLOW FOLKS.......

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

Thanks BadNews. I think so too, maybe we'll make it into the next edition of BYO mag, who knows!

First off I would like to thank Sonnyjim for opening my eyes on what beer is all about, for posting up are creation and yes also HOPDAWGS (www.hopdawgs.ca)out of British Columbia. Because I know so far this has been a hell of an experience for me. Looking to brew lots of beer, going into competitions. So much to learn
Peace out
:mug:

Back